Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A to Z

After my first post (on which I finally hit "publish" in a bleary-eyed state sometime after midnight on Saturday night) I got some very nice comments on the blog, on facebook, and in person. Which was great. At first. And then it kind of started adding to this weird pressure I've been putting on myself to become "a blogger" because I was being completely honest when I said that I didn't really know what I was going to blog about. So, it was actually a tiny bit scary when I woke up the next morning and realized that now I actually have to start blogging... Also, I have to admit that I was pretty pleased with my first post  and have been putting off writing a second one because I didn't want it to be anticlimactic. But at the same time I want to be consistent and keep up a regular routine of posting every other day or so, so I knew I needed to think of something fast (all this after declaring that I was not the introspective, self-analytical type of course). Sigh. And then last night I received this email from my brother James who is a self-proclaimed blog hater (and has also been known to make use of sarcasm from time to time).

"very interesting... so you are writing a blog about writing a blog.... ha ha!

so confusing! please keep posting... I am eagerly anticipating... in fact, I am thinking about writing a blog that is all about reading your blog!

ok, jk, jk, I think it is good... "
 
After I got done laughing about that, I realized that perhaps I am taking this a mite too seriously. So without further ado, here's a fun little game I stole from my cousin, Ashley's, blog which I love and read all the time but never comment on (sorry...). It probably won't be the last idea I steal from her either (hint: giveaways!).
 
Anne's A to Z:
 
A: Age- Just turned 31
B: Bed size- upgraded to a Queen after breaking the full size in our first month of marriage...
C: Chore you hate - Anything laundry related - sorting, switching over from washer to dryer, FOLDING, IRONING (thankfully my hubby went to military school and does his own ironing and sometimes mine-don't hate)
D: Dogs - I could (and will) do a whole post about this animal...
 

E: Essential start to your day - Coffee, of course. 
F: Favorite color -  black, white, moss green, blue, grey, brown  (never really had just one favorite color)
G: Gold or silver - both
H: Height - 5'10" I swear! Everyone thinks it's more, but I have measured many times!
I: Instruments you play - sadly, none
J: Job title - "mama!"


K: Kids - (see above)
L: Live - Only in the coolest city ever Austin, TX
M: Mother's name - Sharon
N: Nicknames - Used to be called "Annie" but now I don't think I have one
O: Overnight hospital stays - once, when I had my sweet baby 


P: Pet peeves - There's a reason it's called a "pet" peeve
Q: Quote -  "We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
R: Right/ left handed - Right
S: Siblings - James Daniel Wingo



T: Time you woke up - 5:24am, made it to the gym for a spin class before the boys woke up
U: Underwear - um, yes?
V: Veggie you hate - Love 'em all!
W: What makes you late - filling up a sippy cup and a snack cup and grabbing diapers (but I was late before all of that too...)
X: X-rays - teeth (I've got a mouthful! Never had my wisdom teeth out.)
Y: Yummy food that you make - I love to cook, bake and be creative with healthy food! We ate a vegan diet for the first seven months of this year. Recently we found out that Jonathan is gluten intolerant. That combined with the fact that he cannot eat any sugar for 6 weeks has made for some interesting meals around here (more on all of that another time). All of that aside, I've been getting some rave reviews on my Pineapple Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing lately...
Z: Zoo animal - they're all cool, would love to go to Africa and see some of them in the wild! one day. (for now, love our little local zoo where you get to see the animals up close, the tigers are pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment